Little Sun People, participates in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Our school attempts to help children grow in mind and body. We believe that mental development requires an
• We serve a healthy breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack.
• We offer meals low in fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol.
• We serve plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole grain products.
• We limit our use of sugar.
• We use salt and sodium filled products in moderation.
• We strongly discourage candy except for birthday parties and one or two special school events.
EVERY CHILD MUST HAVE ON FILE AN APPLICATION FOR FREE AND REDUCED PRICED MEALS IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FREE MEALS PROGRAM.• Parents who wish to bring their child’s meals from home are welcome to do so, however, food that requires heating must be heated at home and brought to school in a labeled thermos container.